More than at any other time, pilfering, stealing, ‘farping’ and ‘obtaining’ have been very rampant in our world. Do you have an android phone that you want to protect it ffrom being stolen and recover it immediately, in case of an event? Then, this post is for you. I made a post early last 2 years to ‘scratch the surface; of this elaborate topic. I’ll try to explain well, so read along.
This Post Would Cover:
- Remaining protected- Precautionary Methods
- What is FRP?
- How to safeguard Your Android- Method 1
- How to safeguard Your Android- Method 2
- How To recover , using method
- How to Recover, using method 2
PRECAUTIONARY METHODS TO TAKE TO REMAIN SAFE
Adequate preparation can help you safeguard your device. Take note of these self- explanatory keypoints:
- Always have a backup of important data. You can backup delicate and important files to various Cloud services like Google Drive, 4Shared, Mega, Userscloud etc.
- Always make sure that your GPS or LOCATION is always ON
- Try to be online whenever you are less busy
- Don’t be too careless- Be conscious of where you drop your phone
- Dont be too addictive to your phone- Studies have shown that those addicted to their phones easy lose the phones and experience trauma as a result, 40 percent more than an average phone user. I’m not telling you just to be calling and sending sms alone- Don’t be too carried away at times
- Do not leave an earpiece plugged in when you are not listening to music
- Keep your pattern/pin/password safe and unknown to others
- Be always conscious of where your phone is
- Keep your phone in your pockets in most times
- Don’t walk in dangerous zones, so as not to get your phone forcefully taken from you
WHAT IS FRP?
That’s the full meaning. Almost everyone knows how to format a phone with recovery mode and manypeople are using it as a disadvange!. . Many Android devices on Android 5.0 or higher have Android’s Device Protection enabled by default. This is also known as Factory Reset Protection (FRP). Unfortunately, this cannot be removed remotely.How it works explains why. If you reset a phone with FRP enabled, you have to provide the user name and password for the last Google account that was registered with the device. There are random work-arounds on the Internet, but they tend to get patched almost as soon as they are discovered. You’ll pretty much need to know the login details for the last account to use the phone before you can do anything with it if FRP was enabled before you reset it. Samsung Devices – Samsung has their own device protection in addition to Google’s. If it has been enabled on your Samsung device, you must remove Google’s and Samsung’s. You must have data or Wi-Fi enabled to complete this process. The following verbiage could differ slightly per device.
My point is: Having FRP Protection is an added advantage for you.
How to safeguard Your Android- Method 1
First method is a very simple method, and involves you using your google account. I wonder how comfortable you feel without having at least, a functional google account or gmail account on your android phone. This method is quite easy. Follow these steps:
- Go to Google’s Android device manager site
- Youll see your phone that has the gmail account you used to login on the Android Device manager site and its most recent location.
- Choose one of the three comands Ring, Lock and Erase. Choose wisely!
- Locate the device by pressing the pin sign I circled it in the image below). Your last reported location appears in the background of the image.
- RING, LOCK AND ERASE:
The ring feature will make yoir phone ring at full volume for 5mins and can only be stopped in one way (i will not disclose it here, but youll be told how to stop it on the site). I suggest you to ring the phone when you are near the person with it, according to the map, cos being in chicago and seeing your phone in Texas and ringing it doesn’t make sense!. Locking the phone would need you to type in a new password that will appear on the phone’s screen and an optional message to appear on the same.
Erase is straightforward- would erase your phone’s content. This way, your privacy is ensured but your phone is gone!
How to safeguard Your Android- Method 2
This method two can be simply put as : Using other apps.
1. Using AVG Antivirus Pro: View important things about this app and download it here.
Follow this steps:
- Install the app. Download it from this post.
- Youll see a menu. Press Antitheft
- You would need to register for AVG antitheft account with your email and password or login if you have registered previously
- Enable camera trap
- Change antitheft password
- Enable enhanced protection.
- Youll receive email instructions on using commands.
- Use any of the commands on the site
There are many other apps to use, but these are the best.
NOTE: THE ANTITHEFT COMMANDS CAN ONLY WORK WHEN THE PHONE IS ONLINE AND NOT YET FORMATTED! SO, BE CONSCIOUS SO AS NOT TO REALIZE THAT YOUR PHONE HAS BEEN STOLEN TOO LATE; AS THIS WOULD WORK IMMEDIATELY THE PHONE IS STOLEN.
Did you enjoy this post? Why dont you share it? Remember to comment and like my fb page below.